Films my Spouse Made Me Watch is a chronicle of the exploits of a left-of-average married couple who force their film tastes upon one another with gleeful malevolence. BE WARNED!! These are not film reviews, rather, they are film discussions recklessly littered with spoilers. Do not read unless you have already seen the films within, or don't give a flying fig about having it spoiled.







Friday, March 26, 2010

Red Cliff: Preview

Chelle:  Woo-hoo!  Do I need to tell you why I picked this movie?  Scroll down to our first postings and you'll find out.  We were shopping at Target ('cause we're always shopping at Target) and all we needed was cat food, but Rob was checking out the media section ('cause Rob is always checking out the media section).  So I left the boys with him and retrieved the cat's (Echo) food and on the way back I just happened to pass the new film releases.  There, shining like a new sun, was Red Cliff.  No fluke-ing way!  I knew this movie was due to be released on DVD, but assumed that I would have to special order it as I have with so many other flicks featuring Takeshi.  But there it was in my very own, local shopping haven.  On sale, even!  Well, I performed the always embarrassing adult version of the pee-pee dance, snapped up a copy and babbled all the way to the register about why it was necessary to buy it right now to a constantly nodding and sighing Rob.

I had never seen this movie (obviously), so I will be adding (most emphatically) to the discussion.  And since I forced more than one person to watch my movie of choice, we will be having a guest blogger.  That's right folks!  For one night only, all the way from Thompson Falls, it's BRIAN!  Stay tuned, here comes a discussion of John Woo's Red Cliff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Don't be an asshole.